Wednesday, 21 March 2018

Sapporo Coat

I made up a Sapporo Coat from Papercut Patterns.  Harris Tweed that I got in Glasgow a few years ago - my rucksack was so full of fabric I tipped myself over looking in the sale bin!  I contrasted with a biscuit coloured pure wool and lined it with silk I got the last time I was in Como.

It was a bagged lining.  The pattern itself was very straightforward and I only changed the sleeve/cuff, it's supposed to be a double thickness of the main fabric but I thought it would be too heavy so I used the silk instead and I also changed the way the sleeve and body joined.

My assistant had a trim and was feeling the cold so we knocked up a little cashmere sweater en-route.

So many colours in the Harris Tweed.

I was disappointed with the finished article at first, it's a bit dull for me and then my harshest critic, Miss Belle,  said, "Ooh that's too drab for you" and on closer inspection, "Drab on the outside, jazzy on the inside",  I think that says it all!

On point.

A sprinkling of snow for the debut.  The hat is 16 Sixteen Cable Hat.

Very roomy.

Love those pockets.

It was this big!


  1. Hi Sarah, I just love your Sapporo coat! I'm going to start a Sapporo coat soon and was wondering how you changed the sleeve/lining so you could bag the entire coat? I know the original pattern has some hand stitching and the sleeve lining being made from the same fabric as the main. Thanks!

    1. Hello and thank you. I think in the original pattern the cuff part is a double thickness of the main fabric so that the lining only starts at the arm seam, I just thought this would be way too heavy. I think I just extended the sleeve lining to reach almost the cuff fold and bagged it exactly as the pattern suggests, pulling it all through a lining seam at the shoulder.

  2. With this being said, the initial step to choosing the jacket that is best for you is by deciding whether you are hotter or colder individual essentially. Whenever still up in the air, you would then be able to push ahead during the time spent choosing your jacket. silk pajamas for men

  3. Thermally steady shades keep their shading after some time, in contrast to different colors available as are utilized in high temperature coatings. silk pajamas for men

  4. The following is an occasional manual for the coat you will require. Peruse on to realize what sorts of coats work for which seasons. silk robes for women